Saturday 24 September 2011

Why won't this CSS Template work or show in my index.html (HTML file) at my domain?

I downloaded this free template PinkStripe from http://themebot.com/website-templates/html-templates/4356-pink-stripe

I try to change my index.html (which is just a blank page which says UNDER CONSTRUCTION) here at http://webftp.coolhosting.cz/index.php

Or maybe I am supposed to edit the PHP script called net2ftp installer.php?Why won't this CSS Template work or show in my index.html (HTML file) at my domain?Do not put the CSS file straight into your index.html.



Call it style.css (for example) and add the following link to your index.html (in the head.)



%26lt;link rel=%26quot;stylesheet%26quot; type=%26quot;text/css%26quot; href=%26quot;style.css%26quot; /%26gt;



It should work then.

HTH
Why won't this CSS Template work or show in my index.html (HTML file) at my domain?
IF this is the entire page the answer is very simple, there is NO CONTENT here, its all just style..

Somewhere you have to put CONTENT that you want shown!



For instance did you load the image file /images/b1r.jpg into a directory called images on your website?

Did you add any content for the %26quot;Header%26quot; etc.

Or even a line of code like

%26lt;h1%26gt;This is a Headline Line%26lt;/h1%26gt;