Friday 16 September 2011

Can I change the web pate's URL after the page has been indexed google?

I am in the process of building of website, and i found some of my webpages have been indexed by google, but the URL of these pages have been changed since I first published the pages, so as a result, the webpage link appeared in google search engine wouldn't direct to the current page URL, which has all the content the page is supposed to have....



My question is would the new URL be indexed later or should I just change the URL back to the old one?



Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!Can I change the web pate's URL after the page has been indexed google?if you have www.website.com/oldlink that doesn't work and is indexed by google just do a redirect from the old link to the new link www.website.com/newlink .you can do that with a metarefresh .Place the below code in the head of your old page that doesn't work.



%26lt;meta http-equiv=%26quot;refresh%26quot; content=%26quot;5;url=http://www.website.com/ne鈥?/%26gt;