Friday 16 September 2011

Why do my indexed pages end up in omitted results?

I have only 1 page indexed in regular search results and 23 showing in the omitted results.



What do I need to do to change this? Alot of them are blogs, forum entries, articles and what not. There is not a ton of content yet as the site is not completely finished and the profiles are all samples so far but I was just curious why this happens and what needs to be done to change it?



Google is always crawling my site, Yahoo, only on occasion. They show up as guests in my %26quot;who's online%26quot; and then I check their ip address to see who's crawling.



Thanks,



-RobWhy do my indexed pages end up in omitted results?Hard to say for sure without knowing the URL, but in general pages get listed under that %26quot;omitted%26quot; link when they're too similar to the pages that do show. My guess is you're using a template and are not customizing each page with a unique Page Title, unique Description meta tag, unique on-page copy, etc.



The other issue is that you're just starting out, you have no links, you haven't earned any trust, etc.



Focus on making sure each page is unique, and focus on building a great site that deserves to be crawled fully.



Good luck - hope this helps.
Why do my indexed pages end up in omitted results?
I think they may be considered low in page rank or duplicate content. Get some links from good ranking sites to those pages and I think it should help them show up. The blog below has some more marketing online info.