Saturday 24 September 2011

After installing WordPress using Cpanel and Fantastico, all i see is the parent directory. what gives?

i chose not to install to root directory www.djcharliehood.com and allowed the install to create and install to the directory named %26quot;Blog.%26quot;



But after clicking 'finish install' i am not taken to the wordpress page to log in. If i go to address djcharliehood.com/blog, all i see is the parent directory of files. after scrolling thru, i was able to click on wp-admin folder, and find the log in page (the index file) that lead me to the Wordpress dashboard.



tried to publish a test blog, and view it.....boom takes me back to the parent directory. my viewing of the page after changing my theme doesn't change either.



i watched youtube and seen other create using cpanel and fantastico de luxe and they were immediately taken to the Wordpress dashboard after creation.

After installing WordPress using Cpanel and Fantastico, all i see is the parent directory. what gives?I find that not using the default install settings,(not installing to the root in your case) usually causes more trouble than it is worth.



I would uninstall and reinstall to the root and it will probably work fine.



My 2 cents
  • hair braiding
  • channel
  •