Saturday 24 September 2011

I want someone to reach a new page when they type: www.mysite.com into the address bar.?

HI there,



I've recently changed my site from a very old site structure with very basic html pages. When someone typed in www.mysite.com - it took them to my %26quot;home.html%26quot; page (which is what i had in the htaccess file)



Now I use wordpress under the directory %26quot;page%26quot;. So now when someone types www.mysite.com (in the browser address bar) - I want them to reach this location: www.mysite.com/page/welcome.



I tried putting %26quot;/page/welcome%26quot; and %26quot;/page/welcome/index.php%26quot; in the htaccess file, but it won't seem to do the trick. Any suggestions?



I don't really want to redirect from the home.html page though.



thank youI want someone to reach a new page when they type: www.mysite.com into the address bar.?You may contact a web designer live at website like definitivelab.com ,etc .
I want someone to reach a new page when they type: www.mysite.com into the address bar.?
You're sure you've edited the .htaccess file accordingly? Have you followed this- http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPr鈥?/a> ?