Friday 16 September 2011

How to print 3x5 index card on OpenOffice?

I'm having trouble printing my index cards on this program. It prints to the left, but my printer is set to have cards and envelops printed to the right. I don't have Microsoft Word. I also tried to use Microsoft Works, but it prints in the middle. Neither of them have the 3x5 page setting, so I have to customize it. How do I change it?How to print 3x5 index card on OpenOffice?Go into your printer driver from within OpenOffice Writer and check all settings that can be accessed and set them properly if any don seem to be correct.



That still may not help.



I鈥檝e worked at several different companies in a job that involves occasionally printing on envelopes.



There is general agreement between myself and others who have done this that printing on envelopes often doesn work properly according to printer or word-processor instructions.



One just has to set up the word processor with the data in a position away from where it should be so that in fact it prints properly.



That is, for example, if the data prints too far to the right, move it to the left. If the data prints too low, move it up. Ignore the fact that the data doesn't seem to be positioned correctly on screen if it is printing out properly on your printer.



This problem occurs with MS Word as well as with other mail merging software.



This is likely to also be true with cards.



Why this should be I don know.