Saturday 24 September 2011

Is there a way to alert people that my e-mail address has changed?

I recently changed my e-mail and let all my contacts know that I changed it and what my new address is, however some people skip this information and keep sending e-mail to my old e-mail. is there some kind of setting that will alert those people that my address has changed and I will not be responding from my old e-mail anymore?



I know websites you change the index page to make it redirect to a new homepage, I'm hoping theres something similar for e-mail addresses.Is there a way to alert people that my e-mail address has changed?You could also set a Vacation Response.



But instead of your vacation message... you can say that you have changed your email... and that they should contact you on your new email.



This way... when anyone send you mail to your OLD mail... they'll get a %26quot;Vacation Response%26quot; telling them that you are on your new mail.



So, anyone who mails you will get your new mail every time they write to you, even if you forgot to tell them or you dont have them on your contact list.
Is there a way to alert people that my e-mail address has changed?
hi maybe u can forward your mail from your old email then when u get your mail make sure u email them back from your new email and make a note to them (ATTN NEW EMAIL ADDRESS) IT worked for me. did u move your contacts to your new email account? if u did just email the ones that's important and tell them.
Is there a way to alert people that my e-mail address has changed?
Telling all your family and friends about your new address is really easy! Use the Announce Email Address feature to notify your contacts of your new handle. Here's how:



1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page and select Mail Options.

2. Under %26quot;Management,%26quot; click Announce Email Address.

3. In the %26quot;Personalize Your Announcement%26quot; section, choose the address you're announcing from the pull-down menu next to %26quot;Email.%26quot;

4. Fill out the remaining fields, then click the Preview and Send Announcement button. When you're pleased with how it looks, send it!
Look for the 'Options' link at upper right corner of mail screen and click on it.

Options/ mail options/ Annouce E-mail