Friday 16 September 2011

On my website (home) I see index.html in the top left corner in the browser.?

I am using kompozer html editor, Filezilla ftp client, with cpanel file manager. All my pages are doing this, I named them all the same way. I just don't know at what point I change index.html to yourwebsite.com. thanksOn my website (home) I see index.html in the top left corner in the browser.?In order for you to get rid of the %26quot;index.html%26quot; title on your browser, you have to use the %26lt;title%26gt;%26lt;/title%26gt; tags in between the %26lt;head%26gt;%26lt;/head%26gt; tags.



For example:



%26lt;head%26gt;

%26lt;meta http-equiv=%26quot;Content-Type%26quot; content=%26quot;text/html; charset=UTF-8%26quot; /%26gt;

%26lt;title%26gt;My website.com%26lt;/title%26gt;

%26lt;/head%26gt;
On my website (home) I see index.html in the top left corner in the browser.?
When you connect to your web host, typically the first page they will display for you will be named %26quot;index.html%26quot;. Make sure that you have the page you want displayed named as such.



But to be sure, check the technical information for your specific host.
  • designs on your real nails
  • Fish
  •