Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I make sure certain pages of my website arent indexed?

For example, I want my main pages to be indexed, but when I search for my website in google, my iframes are listed as seperate pages too, and I dont want that! Do I just change the meta tag to %26quot;no-index%26quot; on the pages I dont want indexing?How do I make sure certain pages of my website arent indexed?Yes, adding

%26lt;meta name=%26quot;robots%26quot; content=%26quot;noindex%26quot; /%26gt;

to you iframe pages will stop them being indexed by google.



Please note that this will not take effect immediately. You will have to wait for the googlebot to visit your site again (could be up to a week, or even longer).
How do I make sure certain pages of my website arent indexed?
Thanks =)

Report Abuse