Friday 16 September 2011

How do I make a link in an inline frame change another inline frame on the same page?

Here's the situation:



I have multiple inline frames on a single page. In one frame, I made a hyperlink which triggers a javascript to change multiple frames. (See http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a> )



The code or any simple hyperlinking will only affect inline frames on the page where the link is located.



I want the hyperlink in an inline frame to change another inline frame where both frames are on the same page. Got that?



In another way of explaining, there are 3 pages--A, B and C. A and B are embedded on C with the use of inline frames. I want a hyperlink on A to direct B to another page. That's it!



I hope you guys can give any solution or suggestion.How do I make a link in an inline frame change another inline frame on the same page?you can access any frame by using



document.forms[] or top.frameName



if you want to change the content of a frame



top.frameB.location.replace(url)