Friday 16 September 2011

How can I automatically update one page of my website with changes on another page?

Here is the setup:



I have a events.htm page with events listed in chronological order. Each event has a date and title with a following description.



I have a front page, index.html, that has a small sidebox that lists three of the upcoming events that will be happening the soonest. So far, I have been updating this sidebox manually.



However, I would like to know if there is a way to have this sidebox pull only the date and title of the first three events listed on the events.htm page and automatically update whenever update the events.htm page.



Do I use PHP, SSI, CSS?? I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.How can I automatically update one page of my website with changes on another page?You can use PHP (and in fact I recommend it), but you could also use Javascript and Ajax. PHP is better because of the added security, but if your web server does not support php, you can just as easily use Javascript and Ajax. For info on both, go to http://w3schools.com
  • fish
  • channel
  •