Saturday 24 September 2011

I desperately need help printing out posters for my room & changing file types.?

O.K. so, I've been through a looong process trying to figure out how I can create posters from images on my computer, and I ended up finding the program Posterazor.

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=about%26amp;lang=english

the program takes an image, and divides it into different sections, each will be printed on a piece of paper so it can be assembled to create a big poster, depending on the size you input. Now I've been looking at the OBEY art, (google image obey art, its awesome) and so I put it through the Posterazor program and even bought fancy paper to print it on. but when i printed it, the quality was terrible and the image was very pixelated. (also the colors weren't as vibrant and they came out weird on the glossy paper).

So I found Vectormagic.com. which traces my pictures into vector images, and allows me to zoom in as much as possible. Then, i thought I'd be able to download it to my computer and put it onto Posterazor and I would have not pixelated images. But when I try to put it onto Posterazor, it says %26quot;DualityofHumanity.eps%26quot; could not be loaded.

this is because Posterazor only supports ----



BMP, DDS, Dr. Halo, GIF, ICO, IFF, JBIG, JPEG/JIF, KOALA, LBM, Kodak PhotoCD, PCX, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, PhotoShop PSD, Sun RAS, TARGA, TIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM ---.



And Vectormagic.com only lets me download the images into EPS, SVG, %26amp; PDF files.

is it possible to convert my EPS, SVG or PDF files into ones that i can use on Posterazor, without the images becoming pixelated.

or is there simply other solutions to this, perhaps a different poster making program?

please help! and please explain it like your explaining it to a stupid person because Im not the greatest at computers and all the different forms of files.

PS i have a mac... %26amp; are there any tips on printing for maximum quality. are their special paper and color settings i need to set? i have a wireless cannon MP560

THANK YOU!I desperately need help printing out posters for my room %26amp; changing file types.?I know you are trying to get something done independently, and possibly free...



But phew... you are really barking up a very strange looking tree...



You should hop in your car (if you are old enough) and ride off to a Kinkos... or a staples or something... and just run the images off on a real, large format printer... not a service that lets you print large formats with 15 pieces of US Letter paper (8.5x11)...



Good luck tho... I would pay a few bucks and get it on matte paper... or spend more and go glossy...
I desperately need help printing out posters for my room %26amp; changing file types.?
Your images are pixelated because any image you download from the internet will always be 72 dpi unless it's dowloaded from a link to a high-res image. In order to get a poster quality print, you need the image to be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch). You could try this a million different ways with different software and file extensions but the results would always be the same.



In order to print an image with clarity it has to be high resolution, which means it comes from a picture taken with a camera, or could also be art downloaded from sites like flickr or corbis.



I don't know anything about Posterazor or vectormagic so can't help with that.



Are you talking about Shepard Fairey's work? If so, check Cafepress.com, he recently started working with them. Also, you could recreate his art (but that's plagiarism!) using Adobe Illustrator.