Sunday 5 June 2011

Html, How can I get my title bar to change on my index page?

I have just started to learn how to build web sites, I am using just plain old html in note pad. I have managed to divided my page into 2 frames with a sidebar and my main section. The problem I have is when I follow the links on my main section from the index page the title bar does not change. Can anyone advise me what i%26#039;m missing, Thanks.|||inside the head tag


there is a title..





here is a sample of html which give hai this is title as title for the webpage..





change it to your wish





%26lt;html%26gt;


%26lt;head%26gt;


%26lt;title%26gt;hai this is title%26lt;/title%26gt;


%26lt;/head%26gt;


%26lt;body%26gt;


body goes here


%26lt;/body%26gt;


%26lt;/html%26gt;|||If you use the %26lt;title%26gt; tag then the title will remain static - all I can think of is to use JavaScript to change it every time a link is clicked, but surely that is a lot of hassle for something which isn%26#039;t really that important a feature? If your page is designed well and everything is clear and obvious, the user shouldn%26#039;t have to rely on the title bar to know what they are looking at.|||control panel---appearance %26amp; themes---task bar, or display


try the above|||This is one of the known disadvantages of using a frames-based layout. It also causes problems with the Back button, and if your site is picked up by Google you may find that users are dumped straight into your content frame, so never see the navigation frame.





A better solution - although it%26#039;s much more advanced - is to use DIVs along with some good CSS styling for your sidebar. However that%26#039;s probably a bit of a way off if you%26#039;ve only just started learning.