Sunday 5 June 2011

Changing the title of my index page?

Using freewebs html editor. For some reason if i type in the url of my page and add on /index.htm the title in the blue bar shows up the way I want, but if i just type in the url without it, the title says %26quot;Your Page%26quot;. Anyone know how I can change this?





ps: I%26#039;m using frames because it%26#039;s the only thing I know how to do right now. Could that have something to do with it?





I%26#039;ve tried using the %26lt;title%26gt; tags and it doesn%26#039;t work. I%26#039;m still new to the whole coding thing so if someone could tell me how to change the title of my index page when just typing in the link without adding index.htm I%26#039;d appreciate it|||consider making a new home page





ie. home.html


---------


%26lt;title%26gt; Home Page %26lt;/title%26gt;


....


--------





then in your index.html page have the following code


----------------


%26lt;head%26gt;


%26lt;meta HTTP-EQUIV=%26quot;REFRESH%26quot; content=%26quot;0; url=home.html%26quot;%26gt; %26lt;/head%26gt;|||With freewebs you are locked into index.htm and index.html.





On a real webserver there is the ability to modify apache or IIS to use different names first.|||Try changing index.htm to index.html. (note the L)