Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I change the home page of my website?

I%26#039;m really new to this whole making a website stuff. I use a free web host (000webhost.com) all of my pages in the website are made using html. However, when I go to the site, it says %26quot;index of/%26quot; and then a list of links of all my pages. How can I change this?|||Rename the page that you want to be the home page to %26quot;index.html.%26quot; (Without the parenthesis)





For example:


%26quot;myname%26quot;.html to%26quot; index%26quot;.html





Instead of wanting the file to be named your name then the file type, which is .html, just change it to %26quot;index%26quot; (Without the parenthesis) then the file type, which is .html.|||You need to reset this option from within the Control Panel so the server does not serve up your site%26#039;s directory. Just call Support or put in a Support Ticket to find out more or have them do it for you.





Ron