Sunday 5 June 2011

How does Google index pages on which the content stays the same but the file extension changes?

I%26#039;m about to change the page template on my website to one that a friend of mine put together, but my current page templates are in ASP and the new template is in PHP. What do I need to do to make sure Google will index all of the pages with the new template that will stay the same contentwise but just be in PHP? Should I resubmit all of my site%26#039;s pages to Google with the new file extension?|||Google spiderbots are following links from the home page of your website. As long as the extensions within the links on your home page are also changed to .php, the spiderbots should be able to follow and find them just fine.





Good choice in changing from .asp to .php. God bless you.