Friday 7 October 2011

I am having problems with Wordpress.org please help?

Ok, my website is http://www.hiphopdogs.com you can go to it. Ok, if you go to the page, you will see that my wordpress blog is there. The only way i was able to get it there, is by renaming my index.html page to index.html.old on my server



well im trying to add this to my index.html page which is now gone. I dont know what to do i been at this for ours. I want to go to my index.html page, and see my website, and have the wordpress on the same page. What am i doing wrong? . I login to the admin, i type a blog, hit publish, and view, but then its only my website with something like ?=1 after my url. So someone suggested that i change index.html to index.html.old and that gave me my blog, but now my index page is gone. How do i combine the 2 like its suppose to be? Thank you please helpI am having problems with Wordpress.org please help?I checked out your WordPress website and it looks like you have figured out how to get it to load correctly.



Now I see you have an issue with the adding the flash video. You have a couple of options here. You can either use the Kimili Flash Embed plugin to embed your Flash movies or you can use the more advanced TubePress WordPress plugin. Since you are trying to embed a YouTube video you should go with TubePress.



I see that you have not changed your permalink settings yet (%26quot;...something like ?=1 after my url).



To change your permalink settings %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; click on your Settings panel %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; click on Permalinks %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; click on the Custom Structure radio button and copy this into the window



/%post_id%/%category%/%postname%/



You want /%post_id%/ to come first in your permalinks - to find out why this is important take a look at the WordPress Codex page on using Permalinks (correctly using Permalinks). %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permali鈥?/a>



Good luck.
I am having problems with Wordpress.org please help?
1. I want to go to my index.html page, and see my website, and have the wordpress on the same page == You can't. Because if you have index.html, this will override index.php of wordpress files. I assume you want to run a normal website and wordpress? If yes, then you can install wordpress in a subfolder, and create a %26quot;blog%26quot; button in your html file. So whenever people come to your site, they can go to your blog by clicking %26quot;blog%26quot; button. Otherwise, you can't have static index.html and a wordpress blog in the same page.



If you want to have .html file for wordpress, try plugin called %26quot;html on pages%26quot;. This will make your pages have .html in the end of URL address. To make posts having .html at the end, you need to change permalinks in Admin page. But do note, that some people having permalinks error. so backup first before changing permalink if you have important posts.



2. something like ?=1 == This is because you haven't changed your permalinks settings. If you change permalinks, it will show; yourdomain.com/posttitle or yourdomain.com/posttitle.html (if you add .html in your permalink)



3. I would love to add a members login to help with spam == Careful with people registering to your sites, they can be bots and hacking intentions. Just be careful.



4. i also want to be able to ad videos to the site == This can be done easily by embedding the code (don't forget to switch from %26quot;visual%26quot; to %26quot;html%26quot; tab in post box whenever you want to write a post, otherwise the video won't show.



5. to see how many times a topic has been viewed also = this can be achieved by having plugin popular posts.